Sunday, July 29, 2012

"So What Do You Think About Obamacare?"

....Is the question I am asked all the time....usually as we are walking out of the exam room after the visit. The answer is so complicated, I wish I was asked "What is the meaning of life". I do have a clear vision of what health care will be like in the future but don't expect a sound bite answer. My vision is created by considering many aspects of care as well as unintended consequences. Over time I will elaborate and extrapolate in a Charles Dickens-like way. We will keep politics out of the equation because political thinking is short-lived and incapable of long term problem solving. Forces that will drive the direction of health care will include technology, economics, strategic planning, and last but not least, patient efforts to take responsibility for their own health. I will tell you this. Health care will not be anything like what we are used to. But of course that depends on your age and what you're use to.

No comments:

Post a Comment